1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Valli A. Stavros (no middle name) President, Flavrz Organics and Mommy. I am 52 years young
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
This question is so easy for me! My parents were from Greece (both have passed away), and we were eating the mediterranean diet in our household long before it was fashionable. In addition, my greek grandmother lived with us, we were always out in the garden, picking vegetables and planting. I grew up in San Diego, where it was very easy to continue to eat and grow the foods my family was accustomed to eating.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
Work was a hobby in our house…no sitting around allowed!! We did not waste!!! My mother would always say we took our bottles to the store to buy vinegar, everything was recycled. We did not have a clothes dryer for many years…..the sun can dry the clothes, why should we use electricity. I still close the lights, not turn-off, the exact translation from Greek to English! I understood being able to live in the US was a privilege.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
Never settle…go for what you believe in. Life is not fair!!! I came out of college, knowing the American dream was a reality.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I have tried…very complicated answer.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Eat right….Play sports, find your passion! Never underestimate yourself!!!
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?