1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Karen Shopoff Rooff, Certified Personal Trainer, 38 Owner and Trainer, Balance Personal Fitness Training
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
Steve Shopoff- my dad
3. What did they do to inspire you?
My dad is a long-distance runner, and from my earliest memories he was always running. He
4. How did their lesson change your life?
My dad included me and my brother in his running. Whether it was running around the track while he did his speed-work sessions or planning family vacations to go to a race, running was a family affair.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
My kids know that it is important to me to exercise. It makes me feel good and keeps me healthy. Having had a role model show that prioritizing health as a valuable part of parenting is a gift.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Find something active that you love and do it. It doesn’t matter if it’s shooting baskets or swimming or running or playing soccer with a group of kids or bowling by yourself– whatever you love to do will keep you moving.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?