1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Alexandra Chauran, Fortune Teller, 31 years old – I write books on fortune telling and witchcraft, and generally am interested in the future of myself and those around me.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
3. What did they do to inspire you?
My mother fought hard through a kidney transplant. She has the same genetic disease that I have, Polycystic Kidney Disease, so seeing her advanced disease was like seeing myself in a few decades. Her positive attitude and willingness to alter her diet and keep up her exercise was an inspiration to me. The doctors said that, other than the failing kidneys, she was as healthy as a horse! Now, years after her transplant, she even went on a spiritual pilgrimage for vacation.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
Only the healthiest people with kidney disease are eligible for transplant, so I have my future to think about. One wrong move with my health and I could jeopardize my ability to do right by a donor kidney. My death date could be moved up on my calendar. That’s no fun!
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
My kids are young, so I have the pleasure of being able to feed them healthy foods and make sure that they get exercise outdoors in nature daily. I also think spiritual practices such as meditation are vital for health, and so my kids are starting that early.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
I am lucky enough to know what secret killer lies inside my body: My booby-trapped kidneys. Everyone who lives long enough will have a sneaky disease as well, and you might not be so fortunate to know what it is. Take care of yourself now or else this point in your life will be the best you ever feel.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?