As part of the new web series, The Role Model In You — here is the most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. We hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Candice Pascoal, 34 years old, CEO of MastersChannel.com
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
3. What did they do to inspire you?
She offered healthy meals, a healthy lifestyle and constantly reminded us to stay fit. Participating on clubs was not an option, we had to practice sports and dance.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
Her voice is always in my “ears”, plus it started me off with a balanced view of food intake. Today, I seek healthy meals thanks to her advice.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Definitely. It is very easy to be off track with the attractiveness of ad campaigns. We need to remind them what’s really attractive in that campaign. It is not the junk food, but the cartoon or characters.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy
Eat whole food. Remember: your body is an engine, it needs real food (and not junk food) to function well. Go out. Enjoy life. Think of your animals needs. Your are the same: you need the right food, and the right exercise to be truly happy, healthy and mentally alive.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?