Summer is almost here, which means it’s time to once again take your tank tops, shorts, and swimsuits from their winter hibernation. There’s just enough time to kick your training up a notch and get dialed in for the warmer months ahead.
Bodybuilding.com, the Internet’s most-visited bodybuilding and fitness site and largest online retailer of nutritional supplements, is here to help you shed those unwanted pounds. We’ve assembled the best “Top Pro Tips” for turning your body into a fat-burning machine:
* Clear Out The Kitchen: As the old adage says, “If you hang around the barber shop long enough, sooner or later you’ll get a haircut.” The same goes for food in the kitchen. If there’s junk food is in the house, eventually it will be eaten. Clear out temptations and you will reach your goals.
* Combine Cardio Variations: The debate is never-ending, steady-state verses interval training. Which do you choose? Try both. This will allow you to reap all the benefits in one workout.
* Do At Least One Full-Body Workout Per Week: Full-body workouts jack up your metabolism more than single body part workouts, due to the large amount of muscle groups activated while training.
* Drink Green Tea Daily: Green tea should be your beverage of choice while on a fat-cutting program. This drink will rev up your metabolism, allowing you to burn more calories daily.
* Have Two Higher Carb Days Per Week: Low carb dieting definitely speeds up progress for many people, but going too low for too long will have the opposite effect. The solution? Carb staggering. Have five low days, mixed in with two high days per week.
* Commit To Sleep: If you aren’t sleeping enough, your insulin sensitivity will decrease, which means that your hormones will be less effective at shuttling glucose from your blood into cells, where it belongs. This causes your body to pump out more insulin, which is also a fat-storage hormone.
* Increase Your Protein Intake: Protein rich foods help in a variety of ways — from decreasing hunger pangs, to reducing the chance of muscle mass loss, to revving up your metabolism.
* Drink One Glass Of Water Before Each Meal: This is a sneaky technique to try if you struggle to cut back on your food intake. Drinking water will help keep your metabolism going and fill you up, helping you not eat as many calories during your meal.
* Practice Yoga: Not only will you be able to handle your stress levels better, but you will put yourself in better tune with your body.
* Switch To Single Ingredient Foods: If you use this rule, you’ll immediately cut out all the processed, unhealthy foods that can quickly put a stop to weight loss.
For more information on bodybuilding.com.