1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Tanya Kormeili MD, FAAD, Board certified dermatologist
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My grandmother! She always lectured to me about “staying marble white!” and avoiding tanning! She was very concerned about my sun exposure as a child. She had beautiful skin and wanted me to stay healthy too. As a dermatologist, I remember her words fondly as I advise my patients to stay healthy and avoid skin cancers and premature wirnkles.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
Showed me so much love and taught me how to love others back; she showed me how to care for others by taking such great care of me!4. How did their lesson change your life?
I look about 10 years younger compared to my friends as far as skin health is concerned.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I advise young kids to use sunscreen and to avoid burning all day long as a dermatologist. Good habits about the sun start early and make a huge difference in the adult years.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Skin cancer can kill you – and make you look horrible when you are older. Avoid sun burns. Utilize the shade. Wear protective clothing. Sunscreen is important and needs to be re-applied if prolonged sun exposure or contact with water. Avoid peak sun hours between 10 am – 3pm to do outdoor sports.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?