As part of the new web series, The Role Model In You — here is the most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. We hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Marra St.Clair, co-founder of Ritual Wellness, 31
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
Mrs. Kuhen, my 60-year-old youth basketball coach. She was the happiest person I knew and she always attributed her happiness to being active and fit.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
She lived by example. She always gave us 100% of her attention, she would run laps with us and made fitness fun.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
She proved to me that attitude is everything. Her spirit was huge and infused everyone around with joy!
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I try to! Being joyful comes with being in the moment.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Be present with whatever you are doing and get outside and play.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?