By Niha Nosan….
This year has been difficult for everyone. The covid-19 pandemic, quarantine and mobility restrictions in the vast majority of countries in the world made millions of people have to stay at home for a long time. While at home, many adopted unhealthy habits, such as overeating or eating junk food.
In addition to adopting unhealthy eating habits, many were forced to stop attending gyms because they closed thanks to the pandemic. Therefore, many people have seen their physique deteriorate, especially the abs, which are, probably, the hardest part to get in shape.
What many do not know is that you don’t need to go to the gym to improve your abs, since you can also exercise at home without problems. In this article we will go through the best ab exercises you can do at home.
Why exercise at home?
Exercising at home, for many, is not an option, mainly because you do not have all the equipment you have in gyms, but doing it can be much better than you think. Let’s see some benefits of training at home:
- You have a much more flexible schedule than in the gym, which you can adapt to your convenience.
- You will have much more privacy.
- You will be able to save a lot of money since you will not have to pay a membership.
- You can perform a wide variety of exercises (YouTube workouts, HIIT training, calisthenics) with little or no equipment.
If you are used to gym machines, it is good to know, that you can still hit many muscles with full-body workouts, you just need to be a little creative.
Why exercise the abs?
The first reason that can be named for exercising the abs is aesthetics, because a body with a flat and marked abs is considered a fit body. But besides this, there are other different reasons.
For example, exercising the abs reduces back pain, helps improve posture, improves balance, helps prevent injuries that can arise when performing other exercises, helps improve breathing, among other things.
What are the best ab exercises to do at home?
Now that you know the benefits of exercising your abs, I am sure you will add them to your weekly workout plan. I present you 3 best ab exercises:
It is the best exercise for the upper abs and you can do it anywhere, you just need a little space to lie down. To make crunch, you must follow the following steps:
- Lie down with your feet on the floor or with your legs raised to 90 degrees.
- Put your hands behind your back and keep your lower back as close to the ground as possible to isolate your abdominal muscles.
- After being in this position, inhale, then lift your chest towards your knees and then return to your starting position as you exhale.
The plank is one of the best exercises to work the entire abdomen and also improve your resistance, because you will have to stay in the same position for a certain time. To do a good plank, follow these steps:
- Lie on the floor with your abs down.
- You are going to lean on your forearms and on the tips of your feet, therefore you should place your elbows at 90 degrees, which are aligned with your shoulders.
- You must tense the abdominal muscles and maintain a fixed position, which goes in a straight line from the head to the heels.
- To do a plank, it is recommended to keep it for a minute, but if it is too hard for you, then do it for 30 seconds. Do not compromise the posture to be able to last longer in the plank, the position is very important.
Leg raises are one of the best exercises to strengthen the lower part of the abs and to be able to develop that much desired V-shape. To perform them, you must follow the following steps:
- Lie down with your abs up.
- Keep your lower back as close to the ground as possible.
- Place your hands next to your glutes.
- Inhale and slowly lift your legs until your feet point toward the ceiling, then exhale as you lower your legs to the starting position. Your feet won’t be able to touch the ground until you finish all the reps.
It is recommended that you perform these exercises at least 3 times a week. Repeat every exercise 3 times and go for maximum repetitions.
I guarantee you that if you do these exercises for 2 weeks, you abdominal muscles will get stronger and you will be able to do more repetitions. Also don’t forget that diet is an important part of getting a flat belly so make sure your food choices are healthy.
I hope that with this short but informative article will encourage you to do exercises at home more often. For more abdominal exercises visit https://www.perfekterkoerper.com/bauchuebungen-fuer-zuhause/ .