By Kac Young PhD, ND, DCH
Continued from part 1 of this article…..
3) Improve your self esteem. Find a good self-help program that helps you to boost self- appreciation and makes you feel good about your fabulous self. If you don’t feel fabulous, what’s keeping you back? I love two books on this subject: “Self Creation” by George Weinberg and “What You Think of Me is None of My Business” by Terry Cole-Whittaker.
4) Socialize. Computers are great and social networking is fun, but it’s the real deal – real human contact – that will fill your life with meaning and give you purpose. Volunteer. Join groups. You must have face-to-face human contact or you will shrivel emotionally. If we were meant to live in isolated caves, we wouldn’t have built cities. Adopt a pet and make a life better.
5) Contribute. Life is built on the principle of reciprocation. A pump needs to be primed with water before it opens the flow for more water to come through the pipes. However much you can spare, give it away to people and places that enhance life on this planet. Prime the pump so more goodness can flow into your life.
6) Make change your best friend. Sometimes it can be hard to experience change, but think about it: Change is actually our best ally. Seasons change and we get fruit from the vine. Without change there is stagnation and death. With change we evolve, grow and become. Next time you’re faced with a change, just choose it. Make the change think it was your idea. You will feel more comfortable with the shift and maybe even come to love the results.
Make 2014 a remarkable new year for yourself. Be the absolute best YOU you can be and forego the idea of perfection. The pursuit of perfection is really a waste of valuable time because you really are the perfect you just the way you are. Happy New Year.
– Kac Young , a former television director and producer, has earned a Ph.D. in Natural Health and is a Doctor of both Clinical Hypnotherapy and Naturopathy. She is a counselor, a teacher and the author of 10 books. Heart Easy is a system of nutritionally sound, delicious meals that promote heart health, long life and taste great. Traditional recipes are turned into heart healthy meals that anyone can make. The health results are outstanding.