As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Troy Pelshak, CEO of Amana Global Services, Ltd., I played in THE NFL for the St. Louis Rams & the Jacksonville Jaguars
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
Mrs. Janet J. Pyelshak
3. What did they do to inspire you?
Every time we would go out to eat or would want something like fast food, she would say to us if you give me the money, I could prepare that for you. She used to make homemade pizza that was amazing!
4. How did their lesson change your life?
I grew to find out that you could cook the foods that I liked better, healthier, and much more economically then what I could get from fast food.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Yes part of my speaking to kids involves what I like to call “Going Green for the Body”
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Your body is like a engine/machine what you put in you will get out. If you put in junk, you will get out junk.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?