As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It discusses who influenced these people, the changes they made in life to be healthy, and the message they would like to pass along to the youth of today. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Nancy Guberti, MS, CN, Metabolic Functional Medicine Specialist, Nutritionist, Defeat Autism Now Practitioner, GFCF Diet Counselor
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My son, Marc Guberti.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
He was very young and developed a liver disorder and multiple food allergies. He viewed it all as a challenge and never complained, even presently as he is on a specialized diet regime with supplements as well.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
To take healthy living seriously and in all aspects on one’s life. To remain positive and always search for an answer.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Yes, I left my brokerage job at Goldman Sachs when he was diagnosed to get my Masters in Nutrition and specialize in empowering others to lead a healthy life.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Knowledge is empowerment and the children became aware of their food choices, food matters and how it affects their bodies. My mission is to empower them all to make healthy choices, become a savvy consumer and not fall for marketing mistruths. It is all about awareness and empowerment. The children then educate their parents so it becomes a family wellness.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?
Marc’s website is www.squidoo.com/legostation