Guest author Diana Barsan discusses how a LinkedIn Profile can help your health and fitness business. It has worked for her dental office – she makes some great tips…..
12 Tips To Increase Visibility Of Your Business LinkedIn Profile
By Diana Barsan
LinkedIn is one of the most powerful social media tools available and essential to lead generation efforts. A LinkedIn company page will give your practice the opportunity to promote your products and services, recruit top talent and share exciting, helpful updates about your office.
According to HubSpot, traffic from LinkedIn generates the highest visitor-to-lead conversion rate at 2.74%, almost 3 times higher than both Twitter and Facebook. If you use Facebook and Twitter to boost your online image, you should definitely consider signing up for a LinkedIn account to assist your lead generation activities. It’s free and easy!
Here are some helpful tips to create and optimize a powerful LinkedIn page for your practice:
1) Start with a detailed profile. Make sure you fill all the sections with relevant information for your target audience.
2) Create a helpful “Company Overview” description, with the most important information about your practice at the top. Also, encourage connections through Twitter, Facebook and your blog.
3) Bring your LinkedIn company page to life with a great banner. Use the banner space to illustrate your practice’s unique brand and message.
4) Make sure you use the same logo you use on Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and Foursquare.
5) When it comes to company page admins, you have two choices: you can select either all employees with a valid email address registered to your domain or specific users only.
6) “Company Specialties” is an important section because this is LinkedIn’s SEO strategy. When people are searching for companies, you want to make sure that your practice appears in relevant situations. Add a few keywords that make sense to help the company page get found. Here are some examples: Denver dentist, dental care, general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, pediatrics, Invisalign orthodontics, downtown Denver dentist, etc.
7) Use the “Product Tab” to promote products/events/services. This section is a really powerful tool. You have the chance to explain each of your services individually, and ask your patients to “recommend” them. Extra tip: add a video to your Product Page. This will help the product page look more lively and interactive.
8) Link to a landing page (it’s the page your visitors arrive at after clicking on a link) on your Overview Page. The landing page could be a sign-in form for a newsletter, events, news, etc. Using an effective landing page will help in driving patient traffic and referrals.
9) Opt-in to “Show News” about your company. It will automatically post any interesting and relevant news articles and press releases about your office to your company page. This is a nice way to show how your practice is impacting the industry.
10) Direct Engagement in Groups. Follow 10-15 groups on LinkedIn that are in the same industry or use similar keywords. Find key players and potential patients and follow them. Distribute your practice updates or helpful tips into Groups, and make sure you follow up on all comments.
11) Share Status Updates with your practice’s connections. Updating consistently will keep you top-of-mind with your connections. LinkedIn has stated that you only need 100-200 followers for your “Company Page” to reach the tipping point to start making an impact and driving engagement.
12) Encourage your employees to optimize their profiles. Be sure that all individual profiles are completely filled out — including the Summary, Specialties and Job Position sections — with keyword-rich descriptions. Include links to Twitter profiles, as well as links to your practice website and blog, if applicable.
– Guest post by Diana Barsan – from Riverfront Dental Designs, a downtown Denver practice with an optimized LinkedIn page.