Recently, I had to write an article for Fox News and The Daily Meal, and had to include healthy snacks. Dr. Eric Berg sent in his “Healthy No-Sugar Brownies” which intrigued me a great deal, so I wanted to post it here to share with all the readers of my blog. If you make them, and enjoy them, please post back here so Dr. Berg can see your responses.
– – Len
These are incredible and you’ll be amazed at the taste and without any sugar or flour – amazing!
• ½ cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
• 1 cup of chopped walnuts
• 2 sticks of butter (melted)
• 2/3rd cup or 3/4ths cup of xylitol sweetener (depending how sweet you like it)
• 4 eggs (whole)
• 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Melt the butter
3. On low speed, mix butter, cocoa powder, xylitol, vanilla, walnuts and eggs until batter is smooth.
4. Grease a glass or metal square cake pan with butter
5. Pour in mixture evenly
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes – put tooth pick in center to see if brownie mix does not stick. This means it’s cooked fully.
7. Remove and let cool for 15 min. I like to keep them in the refrigerator and eat them on the cold side.