The Award-Winning Family Resort Kicks Off its Second Annual 12 Days of Giving
The holiday season is always festive at Woodloch Resort, an award-winning family resort in the Pocono Mountains. Annual traditions like the Yule Log Hunts, carriage rides, light shows, festive decorations, and Winter Olympics are things that the guests have come to expect. A new tradition is the 12-Days of Giving, which kicks off the true spirit of the holidays and is often contagious.
For the second year in a row, the team at Woodloch Pines has developed an extensive list of ways that they can give back to the local, national, and even international community. “The goal of the 12 Days of Giving effort is to celebrate the true spirit of the holiday season with the hopes that others will catch the spirit and choose to participate alongside us or create their own ‘giving’ efforts to spread the spirit,” explains John Kiesendahl, owner and CEO of Woodloch Pines.
This year, the team at Woodloch Pines has developed an extensive list of ways they can help in the days leading up to the holidays:
1. Salvation Army Coffee Drop – The Woodloch Social Staff will be stationed outside the local Salvation Army location, handing out hot coffee and Woodloch Bakery sweets to workers, shoppers and donors.
2. Operation Christmas Child – Shoeboxes filled with shoes, toys, and school supplies that Woodloch staff has been collecting will be delivered to children around the world.
3. Adopt a Family – Woodloch Pines will provide a very happy holiday for a few local families.
4. Blanket the World – Woodloch Pines staff has set up a blanket drive at select retailers throughout Pike and Wayne counties to collect blankets for shelters in the area.
5. Angel Tree – Staff members can purchase holiday gifts for children in need by choosing an ornament from the tree, located in the staff lunchroom.
6. Show on the Road – The Woodloch Crew will perform a strolling Christmas show through a local senior center.
7. Random Tabbing – Woodloch Pines will pick up the tab of unsuspecting diners at The Boat House Restaurant every day for one week. Additionally, a portion of our net revenue from that week will be donated to the family of Cpl. Dickson #PSPSTRONG
8. Toys for Tots – Woodloch is collecting toys for military families from staff and guests.
9. Thank an Employee – The Woodloch Family will reward several randomly selected employees with a full tank of gas and a few extra dollars for the holidays.
10. PSPSTRONG – Woodloch staff will bring baked goods and coffee to the local state police stations in Hawley and Honesdale.
11. Fill up gas tanks – Woodloch Elves will swipe Mobile Gas Cards for unsuspecting drivers who pull into The Market at Woodloch to fill up.
12. Cooking Class– The culinary team at Woodloch Pines will be providing a cooking class to local senior centers from the Hawley, Hamlin, and Honesdale areas. Avery Bus will provide transportation to Woodloch Pines for all participants free of charge.
The family resort’s annual array of winter holiday offerings is always fun-filled and festive. Seasonal activities include:
* Yule Log Hunt available during December weekends
* Holiday Craft Fair featuring over 40 local crafters providing a one-stop, artisan, hand-made holiday shopping experience
* A picturesque wagon ride through an illuminated trail on their annual “Festival of Lights” tours
* “Gingerbread Wars” where guests assemble a task force and compete against other teams in a very unique culinary decorating contest involving elaborate gingerbread houses
* Winter Olympics where guests compete for the coveted Woodloch gold medal in six fun and frosty events in the snow
* Winter Archery featuring targets set amongst the resort’s beautiful Pocono backdrop
* Winter Paintball leads guests through three skirmishes and 250 paintballs
* Patrons can also expect walnut hunts for children, spirited caroling, and delicious holiday baked goods
Holiday packages are available every weekend during the month of December with all-inclusive adult rates starting at $199 per night/per person. More information can be found at woodloch.com.
About Woodloch Pines Resort:
Creating a magical experience for families since 1958, Woodloch Pines Resort’s signature warm hospitality keeps guests returning year after year and offers a truly unique all-inclusive family vacation experience fitting for everyone’s taste. An award-winning family resort, championship golf course and sister property featuring a luxury destination spa are just 95 scenic and convenient miles from New York City nestled in the Pocono Mountains Lake Region. For additional information, call Woodloch Pines at 1.800.WOODLOCH or online at woodloch.com.
– Submitted by Erica Filstein