As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Stefanie Kushner, co-founder BagInspiration.com, 43. I co-own a website that sells eco friendly handbags and a blog that shares eco friendly tips.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My parents always worked out and I picked that up as a healthy, and normal lifestyle.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
They just inspired me because they incorporated working out as a normal part of their life. It wasn’t seen as something they HAD to do, but something they wanted to do and it was assumed that they would do it 5 times/week. This inspired me to see that exercising should be a normal part of my life.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
I have been working out since high school. I worked out through all 3 of my pregnancies and don’t feel good when I can’t. Because I work out all the time, my husband does and we see our children picking up on the fact that exercise is a normal healthy way to live. Exercise is just a part my life!
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I definitely do. I eat very healthy and make healthy food for my family. I am trying to teach them by example. If husband and I are eating well and talking about the health benefits of eating well and exercising, they pick up on it and make it part of their lifestyle as well.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
That your body definitely responds when you treat it well. If you eat well and exercise you will feel good about yourself and will physically feel good. If you don’t your body will definitely let you know that this isn’t how you should live your life.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?