As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Skyler Conte – 25 years old Student from William Paterson University
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
Professional baseball players. I wanted to be a professional ball player.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
Just by watching them play I wanted to do what they were doing everyday.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
I worked really hard in high school and college to be in the best health possible. I saw in order to try to be the best having good physical condition was important.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Yes I am now a baseball coach for Kinnelon high school, and I try my best to teach the how having a healthy lifestyle can help make you a better baseball player.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Most important thing is to get outside have fun and stay active. Just by having fun playing around outside with friend is a great way to stay healthy.