As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Rodney Green, Director of Golf Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club, 49 years old.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My Mom always made sure we ate healthy. Even though as a kid we didn’t always like eating vegetables we didn’t argue with Mom. No one inspired us to stay fit. When I was a kid you came home from school, changed into your play clothes and hit the park. We played until it was time to come in. Who knew it was fitness. We just weren’t trying to be in the house.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
My inspiration was not to get punished because that surely meant you’d have to stay in the house. With all your friends outside playing, you’d be on your best behavior not to mess that up. Now that’s inspiration!!
4. How did their lesson change your life?
At the time I didn’t realize that fitness was a lifestyle. I’m very fortunate to have been involved in athletics my whole life. Now being and staying in shape is easy because I’ve always done it.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Always. I stress to them the importance of eating healthy and staying fit. In this video game era kids can easily get caught up and not get enough exercise or eat right.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Get outside and participate in outdoor activities. Play on a little league team. It doesn’t matter what sport, just get involved.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?