As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Rick Kay, 47, Executive VP of Cleatskins Inc.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
3. What did they do to inspire you?
He required my brother and me to run sprints every other day, no excuses. I didn’t have to do it on days I participated in sports that provided a cardiovascular workout. I only could eat a sugary dessert if I ate a good dinner.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
It made me a lifelong, habitual exerciser. Even when I feel tired, I make myself follow through, and I go to completion. You get your best exercise when you have to utilize your mental strength and persevere.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I serve as an example to my kids and encourage them to exercise regularly and eat right.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Weights and cardiovascular workouts of at least a half hour 3 or 4 times per week is critical to maintaining a strong, healthy body, and eating a proper diet is crucial as well. It may not seem important when you are young, but you’ll be thankful when you hit age 40.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?