As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Rashad McCants, Professional Basketball Player, 27yrs old
I am Professional Basketball player, writer, philanthropist, entrepreneur and visionary.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My mother always helped me remember to eat healthy, stay fit, always excerise and finish my veggies. My mother was my best friend and still is to this day.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
Anytime I was playing basketball, during my college years especially, my mother would call and make sure I was eating the proper meals to give me the energy I needed to play to the best of my ability.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
As I grew older I understood how eating healthy foods could help me perform better on the court, and outlast fatigue I had in the past from eating all the wrong foods.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I always let kids know that fast food doesn’t mean good. What you put in your body shows in your performance. It’s the difference between 5 years and 10 years of playing professional basketball, or doing anything for that matter.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
I would urge young people to stay away from all fast food and focus on healthy, green foods (veggies) and fish.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?