1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Lisa Fine, Educator, 33. I am a nutrition and farming educator, social media consultant, and simple living blogger.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My best friend Allison inspired me as a kid. We met in seventh grade, and I remembered her as the person who won the turkey trot at our elementary school a year or two before. She was a runner – a fast runner – and while back then we didn’t know much about nutrition and healthy lifestyle, we remained friends as we tried new sports, tried new and healthy foods, and eventually both became vegetarians.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
I was never an athlete, but always wanted to be. With Allison, my confidence grew, and we ended up playing field hockey together in middle school. Later in life, as she has become a personal trainer and runs half marathons and bikes long distances, I have continually been inspired. Her love of healthy living helped me to stay strong running two half marathons, and to try new ways to stay fit.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
I would not be training for my first marathon – or have trained for my prior two half marathons –if it weren’t for Allison. She encourages me to run, and go faster and farther, knowing that I have the courage and strength to do it. We talk about our training, I get advice from her for foam rolling and proper stretching, and we go for long walks, and even went for a long run together recently, when we hang out.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I’m a teacher, and love to share healthy living ideal with kids. I garden and farm with children to teach them where their food comes from. I love leading exercise classes and going on walks and hikes with kids to get them to move their bodies. It’s essential to teach the next generation the skills they need to eat well and exercise.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Do what you love. If you love to go on walks to the pond to look at frogs, do that. If you love to dance, dance. If you love to run or play soccer or throw a Frisbee, do it. And eat some fruits and veggies every day.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?