As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Laurie Towers age 49 and CEO of Physical Advantage and The Bridal Body Shop
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
It was definitely my mother who was a trailblazer as far her thoughts on nutrition and exercise were concerned.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
It was a clear case of living by example. everyday the kitchen chair would make its appearance into the living room as we joined Jack LaLanne and “Snowy” begin another half hour of healthy living with exercise.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
I don’t know if I would use the word change or that it was just a seamless evolving of my philosophies.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Always. Its done in the same way that my mom conveyed it to me. without preaching or hard selling. just allowing the example to set itself and let a natural progression or choice happen. My business The Bridal Body Shop was inspired by my feelings that fitness should not be just about getting ready for a specific occasion but for a lifetime. We teach brides to get in shape for the wedding and beyond. Our tag is “Its a dress for a day, but its your body for a lifetime” and we totally and whole heartedly believe that.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
To embrace a marriage of eating well and exercising with the same dedication that you brush your teeth.You would never consider a day where you didnt set aside a block of for brushing, and exercise should be the same thing.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?