As part of my new web series, The Role Model In You, here is my most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. I hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Allison Russo. 24 years old. Graduate. Currently I am a pharmacy technician by day, publicist for a date-a-thon by night, with a recent bachelor’s in Corporate Communications and actively searching for a job related to that field.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My mother. She was always making sure I ate my vegetables and encouraged excercise as fun to her kids.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
She always supported everything I ever wanted or did and pushed me to pursue my goals.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
She gave me the confidence to pursue my passion and believed in my vision to help me aim to fulfill my goals.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I share the same support with my younger sibling and to other kids as well to help them gain the same confidence I received.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Being fit is not about skinny. Being fit is about leading a healthy lifestyle. My mother is 53 and works at for 2 hours each day. She looks incredible for her age and feels good too. Being fit and healthy makes you feel good. Excercise and good eating habits are vital to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?