Low testosterone is believed to affect about 40% of men over 45 or 25% of men over the age of 30. Unfortunately, most men who have low T never get diagnosed or treated for a variety of reasons. Some men are too embarrassed to discuss their symptoms with their doctor while others assume their symptoms are just a natural part of getting older.
The truth is low testosterone is more than just a set of symptoms you need to put up with; having low T also puts you at a higher risk for heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, and early mortality. Testosterone replacement therapy is a safe and effective way to not only treat the symptoms of low testosterone but improve your quality of life.
Signs You Have Low Testosterone
Many men assume low testosterone has few side effects other than low libido or erectile dysfunction (ED). The truth is ED is one of the less common symptoms of low T. Most symptoms of low hormone levels are subtle and may be easy to write off as normal aging or exhaustion from work. The following are signs you may have low T:
• Erectile dysfunction. Testosterone is required in sufficient amounts to trigger the release of nitric oxide, which in turn triggers an erection.
• Low libido. The male sex drive is largely driven by testosterone. Low testosterone levels may make you less interested in sex.
• Fatigue. Men with low testosterone levels often feel very exhausted and depleted during the day.
• Depression and irritability. Low hormone levels can cause emotional and psychological side effects such as depression, irritability, and mood swings.
• Reduced muscle mass. If you have low T, you may feel like your strength isn’t what it used to be. You may also notice reduced muscle mass in your legs and arms.
Do not write off the symptoms of low testosterone as simple signs of aging that you need to put up with. Low testosterone can have a number of serious health consequences and it can impact your quality of life. If you suspect you have low T, it’s important to talk to a doctor to have your blood work checked.
– HealthGains is a nationwide age management and hormone optimization center headquartered in South Florida. HealthGains specializes in hormone therapy including testosterone therapy, PRP therapy, nutritional supplementation, and specialized diagnostics to help you look and feel your best.