A role model is someone others respect and look to as a good example. They try to make good decisions, put others first and often imitated by those around them. They “think before they act….not act before they think.” They are the people we want our children to be around, whether it is a teacher, coach or family member. Your Health Journal wanted to highlight some special individuals who are good role models and allow them to share their stories here. Enjoy!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Tricia Moceo, Outreach Coordinator/Head Marketing Strategist/Full-time single mom, 29 I am a Head Marketing Strategist at Stodzy Internet Marketing
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My aunt always inspired me to eat healthy, stay fit, and practice self-care daily. She stressed the importance of taking care of myself physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
My aunt always loved me exactly where I was. I always felt total acceptance and unconditional love when I spent time with her.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
It was through the love, encouragement, and advice from my aunt that I learned that in order to be the best version of myself and to love others I must first love and take care of myself.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I try my best to consistently remind my children how valuable they both are. I stress the importance of self-care and helping others.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
You can’t pour from an empty cup – If you want to be the best version of yourself and you want to help others, take care of yourself physically, mentally, and spiritually. And always remember – you are loved and so worthy.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?