As part of the new web series, The Role Model In You — here is the most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. We hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Stacy Garay, Executive Assistant to Michelle Hastie at Total Body Health Solutions, 36
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My grandmother, Cleo Hale.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
She always eat healthfully and walked a few miles every single day.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
When you are 15 and cannot keep up with her on a walk…and you are a soccer player, you KNOW she is doing something right!
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Yes. I tutor in my spare time and am always encouraging them to go outside and play after we finish.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
My grandma always said, “Don’t forget to take your exercise”. You take a vitamin daily, why not get in some activity?
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?