A role model is someone others respect and look to as a good example. They try to make good decisions, put others first and often imitated by those around them. They “think before they act….not act before they think.” They are the people we want our children to be around, whether it is a teacher, coach or family member. Your Health Journal wanted to highlight some special individuals who are good role models and allow them to share their stories here. Enjoy!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Paige Arnof-Fenn, Founder & CEO Mavens & Moguls 54 years old. I run a global branding & marketing firm I started 18 years ago based in Cambridge, MA.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My parents followed the Pritikin diet so we were very conscious of making good choices. I also used to love watching Jack LaLane on TV and found him inspiring as an older person who stayed very fit.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
My parents used to take long walks and my dad was very heavy when he started and lost a lot of weight and felt so much better. Jack LaLane was so strong & flexible and was able to move so much better than older people I knew it left a strong impression.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
I try to incorporate good habits like healthy eating and exercise into my life no mater how busy I get.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Yes as an aunt, godmother, and mentor I am always showing and telling the young people in my life to help them find ways to integrate your work and life so that you look and feel your best so that you can reach your full potential.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Everything in moderation, put your phone down, take a walk/bike ride/public transportation, live in the real world not the virtual one.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?