A role model is someone others respect and look to as a good example. They try to make good decisions, put others first and often imitated by those around them. They “think before they act….not act before they think.” They are the people we want our children to be around, whether it is a teacher, coach or family member. Your Health Journal wanted to highlight some special individuals who are good role models and allow them to share their stories here. Enjoy!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
My name is Ebony S Hinton 31, and I’m a work at Mom and writer.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My beautiful mother Michele
3. What did they do to inspire you?
My mother Michele, inspired me to live a healthier lifestyle and enjoy myself in the process. Still to this day, I wonder how she stays so disciplined with being healthy. She is in her 50s and has the best skin and youthful energy I have ever seen.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
My Mother reached a cetain age and decided to be healthier and take care of her body. Then when I turned 29 it all came rushing back to me as to why she did it. I realized I was as scared as she was to have ailments and be medication dependent. She did it for a better quality of life and her conscience health choices in my childhood changed my life now.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I show my kids balance just like I saw my mother have growing up. She wasn’t perfect, and even now, when she has her moments of indulgence, she always comes back to her healthier lifestyle. That’s what I want my kids to know, have a healthy balance of healthy choices and indulgence.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Start small, and do one thing at a time to eat healthier foods. In today’s world there are mostly better options for the foods you love. Also, fitness doesn’t have to be a drill, just do fun activities with friends and family daily. Those small changes will gain a greater reward of a natural routine and your body will thank you for it.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?