A role model is someone others respect and look to as a good example. They try to make good decisions, put others first and often imitated by those around them. They “think before they act….not act before they think.” They are the people we want our children to be around, whether it is a teacher, coach or family member. Your Health Journal wanted to highlight some special individuals who are good role models and allow them to share their stories here. Enjoy!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Dominique Clare, Sports & Fitness Blogger, 31. I am the content director for Midwest Communications. I am also a sports and fitness blogger for Midwest Communications and other places.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My Uncle Damon inspired me to eat healthily and stay fit as a child.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
He inspired me by showing telling me that professional athletes fueled their bodies with healthy foods.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
It made me realize at a young age that a commitment to eating right could be the difference between two athletes
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Focus on building a good relationship with food. It isn’t about losing weight or anything. It is about understanding that food is to fuel your body for life. The sooner you realize that the better off you will be
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?