A role model is someone others respect and look to as a good example. They try to make good decisions, put others first and often imitated by those around them. They “think before they act….not act before they think.” They are the people we want our children to be around, whether it is a teacher, coach or family member. Your Health Journal wanted to highlight some special individuals who are good role models and allow them to share their stories here. Enjoy!
- Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Billy Goldberg, 50. I help growth-minded business leaders reach the next level of success through culture, strategy and relationships.
- Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My Grandmother. She died two months ago before her 107th birthday and used an iphone and ipad until her last ten days.
- What did they do to inspire you?
It was always important to my grandma to take care of herself. She knew about Self Care before it became a buzzword.
- How did their lesson change your life?
I feel better at 50 than I ever have. SoulCycle was an important part of getting me here and Hot8 Yoga has helped keep me here.
- Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Yes. I have two daughters and we consistently discuss different ways to connect their minds with their bodies whether through dance and other movement or stillness and mindfulness.
- What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
If you take care of your body, your body takes care of you. Connecting your mind and body provides immeasurable results.”
- Do you have a website you would like to promote….web address only?