A role model is someone others respect and look to as a good example. They try to make good decisions, put others first and often imitated by those around them. They “think before they act….not act before they think.” They are the people we want our children to be around, whether it is a teacher, coach or family member. Your Health Journal wanted to highlight some special individuals who are good role models and allow them to share their stories here. Enjoy!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Darrell Andrews “Coach D.” 57. I am motivational consultant and strategist to corporations and businesses
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My sports coaches. All of them. (Football and Basketball)
3. What did they do to inspire you?
They helped me to understand the many benefits of a fit and healthy lifestyle as as child-and eventually as an adult.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
At 57, I am super healthy. I workout everyday, eat salads, fruits and lean meats. I will never stop taking care of myself physically and mentally
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
My 4 children take their health seriously. They all are all physically active.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Realize that the better you take care of yourself today, the better the quality of life you will have as you age. Most cannot believe that I am 57 so my example speaks loudly to them.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?