As part of the new web series, The Role Model In You — here is the most recent interview. The Role Model In You series discusses how individuals were influenced as a child to lead a healthy lifestyle. It covers who influenced these individuals, the changes they made in their life to be healthy, and the message they would like to convey to the youth of today. Our guests include doctors, soccer stars, Super Bowl champions, NBA players, Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneurs, celebrities, and just regular people looking to share their story. We hope you enjoy it!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Katie Bressack, Holistic Health Coach, 33.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My parents were always very healthy. As a child I remember being the only person who brought peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to school on whole wheat bread. My mother also encouraged my brothers and I to be active, play sports, take swimming lessons, or me dance lessons and we always had to spend time outside after school just playing in the yard, or riding bikes.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
I watched my parents take care of their bodies with the food they ate and we also joined a gym as a family and would go together on the weekends to work out.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
It made me realized at a very young age the importance of health and taking care of our bodies.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I don’t have kids at the moment.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
To have fun outside. I see so many kids come home from school and just sit in front of the television or play video games. Some of my favorite memories of my childhood is being outside playing in the snow, I grew up in NH, or riding my bike on hot summer days.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?