A role model is someone others respect and look to as a good example. They try to make good decisions, put others first and often imitated by those around them. They “think before they act….not act before they think.” They are the people we want our children to be around, whether it is a teacher, coach or family member. Your Health Journal wanted to highlight some special individuals who are good role models and allow them to share their stories here. Enjoy!
1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Terrance A. Hutchinson
Certified Fitness and Nutrition Speciailist
Certified Exercise Therapist
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My father was the person to inspired me to eat healthy and stay fit. He was always eating and lifting
3. What did they do to inspire you?
He always would take me to the market to pick healthy foods to cook. The house always smelled amazing! Then he would hit the gym downstairs to train. I just followed him and mirror his moves
4. How did their lesson change your life?
It changed my life me be aware if my food consumption, nutritional timing, training strategies and educating others to do the same. I was hooked.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Yes, I do share their message with my own kids and I train teens to eat well and exercise to perform in life better.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
It would be to adopt the “from the garden to the table ” concept. Fresh ingredients, lean meats, less sugar, lots of water, stress management, exercise, and meditation.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?