1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Bryan Leeds, co-founder of Spark Mints, 27 years old. I co-founded an energy foods company called Spark Mints. Spark Mints are energy mints coming out in Spring 2014
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My Mother inspired me to eat healthy and my father inspired to me to stay fit. My mother never bought us cereal or food products with artificial colors so I was looking at food labels from a very early age to see what she would let me buy. She would also tell me how unhealthy fast food was and got me accustomed to staying away from it. My father exercised almost every day and he encouraged me to play sports in order to stay active.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
My father went to nearly every sports game I ever played. He also coached my basketball and baseball teams growing up. He was always supportive and encouraging. The fact that he was always there meant a lot to me and showed me how important it meant to him. My mother never drank soda. We never had it in the house. The first time I had soda I was nearly 10 and at a friend’s house. She practiced what she preached.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
It instilled in me a proper respect for health and taking care of my body. I’ve always been active and I value exercise. I also value holistic health, and I strive to incorporate healthy habits in all aspects of my life.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Not too often. I don’t have kids and I don’t see kids very often. If I’m around kids I suggest activities that are physical to get outside and get moving.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
My main message would be that healthy lifestyles help you have more fun. It’s much more fun to be playing sports rather than watching TV. Also, taking care of your body allows you to do the things you want to do. I’d really emphasize how much fun life is when you’re healthy, and that’s why it’s important.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?