1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Max Rava, 25 years old. I am the Communications Director for FwdHealth, a healthcare technology company that seeks to lower health insurance premiums and improve individual wellness management.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
My father had a great impact on my dietary choices from a young age, and also inspired my interest in exercise and team sports.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
He taught me to cook starting at the age of five, and that fresh ingredients and healthier choices could yield better tasting food. My father was also extremely supportive of most any physical activity or sport I chose to pursue.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
Anytime I feel like taking a shortcut and stopping for fast food or skipping a workout, I remember what he taught me and usually make the healthier choice.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
Yes, try to pass along the message through my role as a volunteer basketball and soccer coach for the youths in my community. At FwdHealth we are also in the process of starting a mentoring program.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
I would tell the children of today that I’m thankful for the lessons my dad taught me. Part of what makes each one of my days so enjoyable is the healthy choices I make.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?