8 Types Of Content That Increase Engagement On Facebook
By Diana Barsan
Want to boost your Facebook page engagement? The key is sharing valuable content. Typically a Facebook user has 140 friends, is connected to 80 pages, groups and events and has created 90 pieces of content. The more people that interact with your page, the more your page will show up on their Facebook homepage and on their friends’ news feed. This is a great opportunity to reach out beyond just your fans. When writing content for Facebook keep it personable and stick to the formula of 80% value-added content and 20% pitch and marketing.
Here are eight types of content that will get “likes” and comments:
1. Post like a friend, not a dental practice. Humanized language gets better feedback. Press release, rigid-styled writing destroys the potential of patient interaction and risks turning off your fans. Think of ways you can make the content stand out and reach your target audience. Make sure the content you provide is relevant and distinct, and try to avoid complicated words and phrases.
2. Like other pages as a page. Find pages that are related to your practice, even if they are your competition. In order to encourage cross promotion partnerships, share content from these pages, use mentions and tags, and thank these other pages.
3. Use eye-catching images. Visual content is key to increasing interaction on Facebook. Share pictures of office events, conferences, staff, and patients (if they give their consent) accompanied by a short description. Do not post groups of photos all at once. Publish images one at a time or three at a time to get feedback over multiple days or weeks.
4. Celebrate milestones. Make sure you thank your patients and your staff for their support. People like celebrating accomplishments. If you’re celebrating your Facebook fan following, add the milestone to Facebook timeline. To show appreciation to your followers, make a collage, post a video, give away free stuff, or create an exclusive offer. The more creative you get, the better.
5. Best caption contests. This is a fun way to engage your patients to respond to a Facebook post. Choose an intriguing image and ask your fans to give it a title. Announce a winner and give out prizes. Make it a tradition.
6. Talk about Facebook. According to HubSpot research, Facebook is the number one most shareable topic on Facebook. Try to include Facebook mentions that are relevant to the health care industry instead of just posting about Facebook.
7. Celebrate official awareness months. Find creative ways to celebrate commemorative months like National Children’s Dental Health Month, Heart Health Month, Black History Month, Autism Awareness Month, and more.
8. Ask questions. Every time you share something on Facebook, end the post with a simple question. You can use Yes or No, multiple choice, or generate debates with questions. Ask your fans to pick their favorite things, to choose whether a statement is true or false, or to encourage them to rate something from 1 to 10.
– Author Diana Barsan give examples on how to generate more “likeable” content on the Facebook page of a pediatric dentist in Denver!