By Mike Chapman
Summary: Congratulations to the new mommies there! While you have entered the new phase of life, with your happiness, you responsibilities have multiplied to a great number. Now you need to be very careful with everything, especially with your diet. Let’s find out what kind of super-food can make you feel better and healthy.
Hope you are enjoying this time. You have just brought a new life in the world and now most of your time goes with him. Your world revolves around the little baby and this at times leaves you wondering where your energy and time fly away. It is something what every new mom worries about. If you are also in the same dilemma, what to have and what not to, for increased energy level, here is the solution.
Have a look at the 5 super-food which can do wonder to your and the baby’s health together. Check out:
1. High-fiber cereal: The new mothers make sure you take a bowl at breakfast daily. This will surely satisfy your hunger and prevent you from a common problem in new moms, i.e. constipation. Due to breastfeeding hormones, the process of intestines slows down. You can take any general multi-bran cereals along with a dollop of low-fat yogurt. This combination serves your body with the right amount of calcium. Also you get probiotics (a good bacteria), which aid your digestive system.
2. Eggs: This one is a boon for the moms who really worry a lot about their post pregnancy weight. Having eggs in your daily diet helps you to shed baby weight. You can add it to breakfast and then you can cut down the high calories for rest of the day. Do you know that a single egg has 5 or 6 grams of filling protein approximately? Thus, it will stop those munchies you are forced to have after few hours. Along this, eggs are known to be one of nature’s best sources of choline. As all nutrients are passed to your infant through the breast milk, this will be greatly helpful in building the memory center of a baby’s brain.
3. Salmon: It has been known for its amazing nutritional value. Containing a high amount of a fat, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), salmon helps in development of your newborn’s nervous system. It is a rich source of protein and vitamin B12. Thus, it will prevent you from postpartum depression. You can add two main servings of salmon in a week. In addition, add wild and fresh salmon rather than the frozen one.
4. Brown Rice: You are in love with the rice. No problem, but you need to switch to the brown option. These are healthy whole-grain carbohydrates, and are something very important for all new mothers. Include them to your diet as it helps you keep your energy level high and make your blood sugar level consistent. As compared to white rice, it has more fiber and other essential nutrients which help in increasing the breast milk supply and quality.
5. Nuts and seeds: Packed with high nutrition, they serve as a great source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, protein, fiber, and monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. You need to add them to your daily need. It will protect you from heart diseases. Also it works as an anti-aging agent, which is highly useful for your skin. Always keep a handful of almonds or an apple with almond butter with you.
6. Blueberries: New mothers need to add blueberries to their diet. Being a rich agent of antioxidants, these fruits help you to destroy the free radicals. It is beneficial for you and your baby, and protects you both from several diseases. Having vitamins and minerals in abundance, a nursing mother needs healthy dose of carbohydrates and blueberries are the most apt food. You can include two or more servings of the juicy berries daily.
Consuming them in the right amount will get the energy to look after your newborn and also help you retain your figure back. Isn’t that all you have been looking for!
– Mike Chapman is Health and fitness consultant associated with Dr. Scabies providing professional advice to seekers on dermal issues. He is also passionate about writing on Health, Fitness and Natural remedies. He love to shares his experience in his words with online followers, visitors and friends.