By Peter King
Are you concerned about hair loss? Maybe your hair has been falling out in clumps? Do you suffer from itchy scalp? The truth is, all of us lose some strains here and there, especially if we let it grow longer and/or apply a lot of product to it. However, hair loss can be controlled with a smart hair care routine, sensible diet, and awareness. With that in mind, here are 10 tips on how to prevent hair loss.
1. Hair Loss Equals Lack of Vitamins–If you are losing a significant amount of hair on a regular basis, it is indicative of a health issue within the body. In all likelihood, you are not getting enough and/or the right vitamins for your body to work efficiently. Foods rich in Vitamin C and high in antioxidants, such as citrus fruits, kale, and berries, will likely solve most hair and scalp issues and help put your body in balance.
2. Coconut Oil Is Key–The benefits of coconut oil have been lauded for ages. It is a crucial ingredient for most hair care regimes. If in doubt, just take a look at the Hairlossable Hair Loss Blog and read over the list of “Best Hair Loss Shampoos for 2017.” A scalp massage with coconut oil will help promote healthy hair growth. This release should be performed from the roots to the tips to help maximize the effects of the head massage.
3. Alternative Remedies Have Their Place–Acupressure, which is an alternative therapy but popular in the mainstream, is also believed to stimulate noticeable hair growth. A prime example of this application is Balayam, which is an acupressure therapy that is known to increase circulation to the scalp and stimulate hair growth. For more information about this technique, search for the padmasana pose and review the routine.
4. Eggs Are Not Just for Breakfast Anymore–Eggs are a nutrient-rich food source that contains abundant proteins and minerals. Some people swear by egg whites and olive oil for healthy hair. All you need is the white of one egg and a teaspoon of olive oil. Mix until it is a paste-like consistency and apply it to the hair and scalp.
5. Yoga Is Not Just for Fitness Enthusiasts–The art of yoga is also known to help hair growth. This healing therapy is believed to cleanse our system–both body and mind, as well as open blockages, which, in turn, bolsters oxygen levels and circulation, which nourishes the hair follicles.
6. Keep an Eye on Your Diet–In order to keep your hair healthy, you should follow a sensible diet. Proteins are an essential part of any balanced diet. to stimulate hair growth significantly. Foods, such as cheese, yogurt, beans, milk, nuts, grains, chicken, and fish, will help stimulate hair growth and should be included in your daily diet.
7. Environmental Factors Can Be a Burden to Your Hair–Exposure to environmental factors, such as dust, pollution, heat, and humidity, can really wreak havoc on your follicles. it is imperative that you take steps to protect that mane. Tricks, such as tying your hair up or covering the head with a hat or scarf, could keep your hair out of harm’s way.
8. Regular Hair Treatments Can Upset Your Scalp–If you are someone who frequently colors, perms, and/or applies other treatments to their hair, you should be aware that this is a common cause of hair loss.
9. Iron Is Essential for Healthy Hair–Lack of iron in your diet weakens the hair at the roots and results in excessive hair loss. As such, it is important to incorporate food like soy beans, red kidney beans, spinach, eggs, fish, seafood, chicken and/or meat into your daily diet to ensure sufficient iron intake.
10. Stress Is a Killer–It’s true, stress can and does kill. To spare your follicles and yourself from an early demise, it is important to keep your stress levels in check.
As you can see, hair loss is more common than you might think, but it can be controlled via dietary adjustments, exercise, changes to your hair care routine, and/or alternative treatment options. As such, these tips will not only help fight hair loss but avoid it altogether.