1. Your name, title, and age? What do you do (or did you do) for a living?
Colette Baron-Reid, bestselling author of numerous books, published in 27 languages, latest release Weight Loss for People Who Feel Too Much, intuitive coach and life strategy services, CEO and founder of The Invision Project and The Invision Lab.
2. Who was the person that inspired you as a child to eat healthy and stay fit? What was their relationship to you?
I had no role models at all. In fact, I grew up with a dysfunctional relationship to food. My mother was a Holocost survivor and came close to starving during World War II, so there was always a sense of potential doom we had to control. I was bulimic since age 14 and yo yo dieted for 30 years. I had to find my own way to find peace with my body and food.
3. What did they do to inspire you?
I was raised to believe that there may never be “ enough”, I had to find others who lived in “enough”, but I was surrounded by young women who felt they too would never be enough. So, my inspiration came to do the opposite of what I was exposed to.
4. How did their lesson change your life?
I had to come to terms with the knowledge that peace with food and my body had to come through mindfulness and surrender. I lost 70 pounds refusing to diet anymore, and chose to be enough and love myself regardless of temporary conditions.
5. Do you convey their message to kids in your life presently?
I don’t have kids.
6. What would be your main message to children today to lead healthy lifestyles?
Never compare yourself to others. We are not one size fits all. Most of what you see in media is airbrushed to the point of being impossible to attain and unreal. You are perfect as you are. Your inner beauty shines through and becomes your outer beauty when you choose to love yourself – stop fat talking, stop bullying and celebrate your uniqueness.
7. Do you have a web site you would like to promote….web address only?